The Hostel G team were lucky enough to catch Samira Sonneburne (@samira_so) while she was travelling around Perth, Western Australia and collaborated with her on our first #bloggersofG where we showcase local Perth bloggers around Perth. Samira is originally from Germany and her blog called ‘Samiras Blog’ is all about fashion, lifestyle, travelling.
We had quick a chat with her about travel, her blog and recommended places to visit in Australia. Check it out down below!
1. What inspired you to start your travel & lifestyle blog?
A friend actually inspired me. She said because of my Instagram it would be amazing to have a Blog as well. It’s really good to reach different people and I can give way more information than I can on Instagram. I love it to travel and a lot of people are searching for inspiration where to go or what to do there so I decided that would be something interesting to write about.
2. What made you decide to visit Australia, and how are you finding it so far?
I was always fascinated by Australia because there is so much to see and it’s so big! I absolutely love it so far! My favourite part is actually Perth (West Coast) it’s so beautiful and the beaches are stunning.
3. What are your 5 favourite things about Perth?
My favourite things about Perth are
1. The beaches
2. The people here (everyone is quite relaxed and really friendly)
3. It’s not too far to go to other amazing places (Margaret River, Yallingup, Hamelin Bay)
4. Scarborough for Trigg (Yellow Cafe, Trigg Beach)
5. Hillary’s Boat Harbour
4. For someone visiting Perth, what are some places you would recommend to visit? This would be helpful for our Hostel G visitors looking at making Perth their next travel destination!
Elizabeth Quay is an amazing place! I just love the view there. Other than that, Swan Valley is absolutely lovely! You can do a wine tasting tour or chocolate tasting, cheese tasting, etc.
Scarborough is probably my favourite part of Perth. It’s at the beach, there is a good Market (Summer - Thursday nights, Winter Saturday nights). It’s got a skate park, Playground, Bars, Cafes so basically everything you need. I also love the Kings Park to go for a walk or have a little picnic with a view at the skyline, when I came here I lived in Kalamunda, there are the Lesmurdie Falls and the zigzag which is amazing for the sunset!
5. What is your favourite part about travelling and being able to explore on a regular basis?
My favourite part of traveling is to explore new things, learn something about different cultures and meet a lot of people from all over the world.
6. What are the 3 most important packing tips you would recommend to someone planning to visit Australia?
The three most important packing tips for Australia are definitely to pack a lot of beach clothes if you come in summer. But also, good shoes to do some waterfall hiking or walk through the bush. You will also definitely need warm clothes if you want to go camping because it gets quite cold during the night depending on where you are. You can get all the camping stuff really cheap at Kmart here in Australia.
7. How does Australia compare to your home country of Germany? What are some differences you have found so far?
Different from Germany is definitely the weather! But also, the people I would say everyone here is, in general, a little bit more open-minded and relaxed. I also realised that there is so much more space here. The cities in Germany don’t have that many parks or green areas in general.